cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer files from one Dropbox account to another without knowing the owner's password?

How to transfer files from one Dropbox account to another without knowing the owner's password?

Yvette23
New member | Level 2

I need to create a new dropbox and have an existing dropbox account -  I want to add all the files from the old to the new without deleting or corrupting any files.  Also, we don't have the Owner's password to the old dropbox, that is why I am creating a new dropbox account.  How should I do this??

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your post, @Yvette23!

To transfer files from one Dropbox account to another, it’s generally necessary to have access to both accounts. 

Can you please clarify what type of account the old one is on? Is it a personal account or a Business one instead? I’d just like to clarify if the owner you’re referring to is an admin by any chance. 

Let me know, and we’ll take it from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?