cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox on computer showing different storage amount than Dropbox on web

Dropbox on computer showing different storage amount than Dropbox on web

jcgraham
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello 

I accidentally started a free trial of Plus and when I was loading files from my voice recorder onto my computer, dropbox asked if I would like them backed up. I agreed, even though I had wanted to sort through them first, I thought I might as well, not realising they would fill up dropbox. Well, I got a message that dropbox was full. I stopped copying the files. I'm not sure if I deleted that folder. My account reverted back to dropbox basic. It says I have over 6 GB of material but if I look at properties on dropbox on the computer, it says there is only about 3.4 GB. I cannot find the missing 2 GB of files to delete them. Could they be in some other dropbox folder? I was well within my allocated 5.5 GB before I agreed to copy the voice recorder files (if they are somewhere on dropbox, I can't find them). I have tried checking shared folders etc but cannot work out where this additional 2 GB is stored.

thank you for any help and suggestions

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@jcgraham wrote:

It says I have over 6 GB of material but if I look at properties on dropbox on the computer, it says there is only about 3.4 GB. I cannot find the missing 2 GB of files to delete them

Check your Backups page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@jcgraham wrote:

It says I have over 6 GB of material but if I look at properties on dropbox on the computer, it says there is only about 3.4 GB. I cannot find the missing 2 GB of files to delete them

Check your Backups page.

jcgraham
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you. Mystery solved. I think I have managed to delete the backup and it is syncing once more! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jcgraham Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?