cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

Why am I getting out of space errors when I have plenty?

What happened to DropBox? Unusable now.

lateafternoon
New member | Level 2

Seems back in the day before Google got its mitts on DB it was relatively easy to use.  Now I can't make heads nor tails of the thing.  And the most frustrating thing is I am relegated to asking a forum to get help.  Sad state of affairs in my opinion.  

OK, rant over.  DB says I am out of storage, yet I've deleted most of my files on the client side.  The cloud side says I don't have those files either.  And yet the 'you're out of storage" notices continue.  What am I missing about how DB functions?  

Thanks in advance.  

Re: What happened to DropBox? Unusable now.

Rich
Super User II

@lateafternoon wrote:

Seems back in the day before Google got its mitts on DB

Google has nothing to do with Dropbox. They are two separate companies.

DB says I am out of storage, yet I've deleted most of my files on the client side.  The cloud side says I don't have those files either.  And yet the 'you're out of storage" notices continue.

Are you a member of any shared folders? Do you have any backups saved? These both use space in your account.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    lateafternoon New member | Level 2
    Tony-Ruis527 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?