cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

Why am I getting out of space errors when I have plenty?

Re: Space Used

UPO
Explorer | Level 4
Yes, they are all full of files.

Jay
Dropboxer
If you change the columns to size, do the files have sizes larger than zero?

Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps? Otherwise, use incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely. 

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Re: Space usage and syncing problems

Hannah9
Helpful | Level 6

Hi @Lusil, thanks for your help. I checked to make sure I am in the correct account (account we use for work), and I am. Just in case, I also disconnected my personal account from the work account and the "Plan" page in my work account is still displaying 0 bytes of 0 bytes used and the bar showing space usage is still almost entirely white. 

This issue isn't preventing things from functioning, but I would like to be able to keep an eye on my space usage. 

Mark
Super User II
This is the third post of this kind in a few days or so... I am starting to think its an issue on the website.

Could you please log a ticket with support and reference this thread please?

www.dropbox.com/support
Track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Space usage and syncing problems

Mark
Super User II
Hannah,

I think this is a bug on the website (your not the first to report it since your post).

I'm merging it with another post to just keep all together.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Hannah9
Helpful | Level 6

Hi @Jay I am having this same issue. Account shows that I am using 0 bytes of 0 bytes and the bar is nearly all white. I have a signficiant number of files, and a week or so ago the bar was displaying normally, with about 75% dark blue, and a bit of light blue. 

Capture.JPG

My files have file sizes of larger than zero. An example:

Capture1.JPG

I have cleared my cache and tried the incognito browser, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, with the same issue in every place. 

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the detailed response and for the screenshots here, @Hannah9

I’d kindly suggest to move this discussion to email due to account specific info that may be required to further investigate. For this reason, I was able to locate your ongoing conversation with a member of my team and have forwarded your comments along. 

They’ll review this matter and get back to you on this. Rest assured, they’ll do their best to assist you. 

Thanks in advance for your cooperation! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Full

Jimm1
Explorer | Level 4

Just updated to dropbox plus online. now phone and iPad say your drop box is full. Spaced used ;0.1% of 1.0 TB. Your Dropbox is full. Contact your admin to get more space. But Dropbox plus has no admin? Thanks 

Out of Space message - not close to using all space

Brian D.4
Helpful | Level 5

I have a "Plus" account, using about 75GB of 1TB according to my Account page. I have 2 other family members associated with the account. Tonight, Dropbox will not start on my Mac and my IOS App says I'm out of space. 

On the Account page it's showing that I have "0 of 0 bytes" available. I can't figure out why. Any help is appreciated! 

Re: Full

marcionitao
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Jimm1,

Best thing to do is to submit a support ticket here so our team can have a look and go over your options with you. 

Thanks! 
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    lateafternoon New member | Level 2
    Tony-Ruis527 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?