cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALWAYS show Folders first

ALWAYS show Folders first

iamsikora
New member | Level 2

On the mobile iOS app, I don't understand why this feature only works when sorting by NAME. I mostly use sort by DATE MODIFIED which puts ALL folders on the very bottom, not very convenient. Folders should always show up first then files, this is default for Windows and should be reflective here. Even dropbox on Windows allows you to sort by date and still have folders show up first. This feels more like a bug than a feature that doesn't exist.

2 Replies 2

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @iamsikora, I hope you're doing well!

Your feedback regarding this has been very valuable and I will endeavor to make sure your voice is heard.

I will pass on your comments to the relevant departments. 

Thank you!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Edith reeve
Helpful | Level 5

On the app you have to go to 'files' then scroll down to the bottom to access the folders. This is illogical as files are not folders, they are inside them...so this makes it difficult to find your folders if you don't know this is how it is set up on the app. It isnt very user friendly.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Edith reeve Helpful | Level 5
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?