cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile app is in Italian even thought system language is Finnish

Mobile app is in Italian even thought system language is Finnish

Jvanhala
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just got an iPad Air 4 and installed the Dropbox mobile app on it. To my surprise the app is completely in Italian even though my device is in Finnish. How do I fix this? On all my other devices Dropbox is in English.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jvanhala
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I will answer this myself since I managed to fix this. The interface of my iPad is in Finnish, but I found that under Settings > General > Language & Region there were multiple languages selected as primary languages. Finnish was assigned as the language of my iPad but there were also Italian, French and Swedish. I hadn't selected these myself, so I have no idea why they were there. After removing all languages other than Finnish my apps now use either Finnish or English.

Also, different apps seem to choose a language at random from those set as primary languages. I had Dropbox in Italian and another app (Ultimate Ears) in French.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jvanhala
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I will answer this myself since I managed to fix this. The interface of my iPad is in Finnish, but I found that under Settings > General > Language & Region there were multiple languages selected as primary languages. Finnish was assigned as the language of my iPad but there were also Italian, French and Swedish. I hadn't selected these myself, so I have no idea why they were there. After removing all languages other than Finnish my apps now use either Finnish or English.

Also, different apps seem to choose a language at random from those set as primary languages. I had Dropbox in Italian and another app (Ultimate Ears) in French.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jvanhala New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?