cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up new machine and when lgging back in created new personal account instead of finding current.

Set up new machine and when lgging back in created new personal account instead of finding current.

sfleischerelderlaw
New member | Level 2

Set up new machine and when lgging back in it created a new personal account instead of finding current account. Tried lgging out and back in. Checked on other machine where logged in and username is the same but full subscription (2TB) is reflected but when I login on new machine, only 2GB starter is showing. Help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@sfleischerelderlaw wrote:

Checked on other machine where logged in and username is the same but full subscription (2TB) is reflected but when I login on new machine, only 2GB starter is showing.

You're using two separate Dropbox accounts. It's not possible that the same email address would show both a paid account on one computer and a free account on another. Go into Preferences within Dropbox on the old machine verify the email address that's listed. Use that email to sign in on the new computer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@sfleischerelderlaw wrote:

Checked on other machine where logged in and username is the same but full subscription (2TB) is reflected but when I login on new machine, only 2GB starter is showing.

You're using two separate Dropbox accounts. It's not possible that the same email address would show both a paid account on one computer and a free account on another. Go into Preferences within Dropbox on the old machine verify the email address that's listed. Use that email to sign in on the new computer.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?