cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalling the desktop app from my computer

Uninstalling the desktop app from my computer

adavid
New member | Level 2

Hello community. Thank you in advance for your help.

So I downloaded Dropbox on my Windows laptop and on the same day I started having trouble with the effectiveness of my laptop. I made a general review and saw that my laptop's storage was full, and when I reviewed the storage detail I realized it was the Dropbox folder that apparently downloaded all the data. 

I uninstalled the Dropbox app but the folder is still on my computer occupying memory.

Can you help me know how to uninstall and delete the Dropbox folder from my computer without damaging any files inside the cloud?

adavid_0-1699536869749.png

adavid_2-1699537395349.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@adavid wrote:

Can you help me know how to uninstall and delete the Dropbox folder from my computer without damaging any files inside the cloud?

As long as you've uninstalled the Dropbox application, it's safe to delete the local Dropbox folder.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@adavid wrote:

As long as you've uninstalled the Dropbox application, it's safe to delete the local Dropbox folder.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?