cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox For Salesforce | Org Migration Question

Dropbox For Salesforce | Org Migration Question

Vlad_L1
Explorer | Level 4

Over the last month, I've created a new Salesforce org that our company will be migrating to relatively soon.  No issues with the data migration itself or re-creating objects, fields, flows, etc. However, I'm struggling to conceptualize a roadmap to successfully migrate Dropbox for Salesforce from our existing SF org to our new SF org.

For anyone that's not familiar with Dropbox for Salesforce, files for each SF record are stored within an independent Dropbox folder. Within this folder, an auto-generated .txt file (recordid.sfdb) creates a link between Salesforce & Dropbox. This link enables users to view/add/edit/delete Dropbox files for a single record from within Salesforce while viewing that record's page.

Our company has roughly 5,000 records with existing folders that are stored in Dropbox. After migrating these 5,000 records into the new org, the link between each SF record and Dropbox is now broken because every record has a new record ID (old_recordid.sfdb vs. new_recordid.sfdb).

I should note that I have already installed/configured Dropbox for Salesforce in the new org. Also, I'm able to successfully link a single record from the new org to it's existing Dropbox folder by deleting the old linking .txt file, then manually adding a new .txt file named new_recordid.sfdb. Therefore, I know a solution is within reach.

Any ideas on how I could address this issue in the form of a bulk action? There's no telling how long it'd take me to manually drag and drop the remaining 4,999 txt's to each of their corresponding Dropbox folders.

Open to all ideas. Thanks

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Vlad_L1, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It might be possible to create an app using the Dropbox API to perform this bulk action for you. 

I'll leave this thread open for other users to contribute their suggestions.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?