cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Sync with iPad/Mac Scrivener

Dropbox Sync with iPad/Mac Scrivener

DavidRGenet
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have been using Dropbox with Scrivener and my Mac & iPad. All of a sudden the syncing is not working. 

If I save a Scrivener project on my Mac I can view it on my iPad in Scrivener. However the reverse is not working. 

From the iPad I can see the new file or the update file on Dropbox /Apps/Scrivener location created by the iPad or Mac. However, on the Mac I do not see the new file or updated file on Dropbox at the same /Apps/Scrivener location if it was updated or created by the iPad. 

Even though I am looking at the same location on dropbox from both devices I am not seeing the same thing. 

I am perplexed.

Appreciate any advice.

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DavidRGenet wrote:

Even though I am looking at the same location on dropbox from both devices I am not seeing the same thing.

What about if you look on the Dropbox website? Does it show the same information as what you see on the iPad, or the same as what you see on the Mac? That will help determine which device is having the sync issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DavidRGenet wrote:

What about if you look on the Dropbox website? Does it show the same information as what you see on the iPad, or the same as what you see on the Mac? That will help determine which device is having the sync issue.

DavidRGenet
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hey Rich,

I looked on the web and the files were as on my IPad. All files. So I went to finder/Applications and noticed that the Dropbox app had been updated May 3. So I rebooted the Mac and it worked. I now see all the files. 

I am “relatively” new to Macs. This sounds like a bug with the Dropbox App updated process?

Anyway, your message helped me think this through.

Dave

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DavidRGenet Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?