cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic renewal for unknown account

Automatic renewal for unknown account

Aaron Wells
New member | Level 2

I keep getting emails that my Dropbox Plus account is going to renew in February automatically, but I only have basic, and Dropbox already charged my account incorrectly once in the last year. I cannot contact anyone directly because I only have a basic account. This is becoming a clown show. How do I get these emails to stop, and how do I make sure I am not charged again for something I do not have. 

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Aaron Wells! Let’s look into this. 

Did you check the email address to which you received this email, and it’s not the same as the one you see here? If not, then you have a different Dropbox account linked to that address, which was previously upgraded.

You can also check your past bank statements (up until last February) to see if there’s a transaction ID linked to them. If there is, you can insert it here, and see for which Dropbox account you’re being billed.

Let me know if that helps.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?