cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long are files stored after subscription has stopped?

How long are files stored after subscription has stopped?

Oyvind55
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, the credit card I used expired in March, and I forgot to renew with Dropbox. So lots of dear old files are inaccessible. How long are files stored? May I regain them by reactivating the subscription? Very grateful for answers!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Oyvind55 wrote:

Hi, the credit card I used expired in March, and I forgot to renew with Dropbox. So lots of dear old files are inaccessible.

When an account is downgraded due to the subscription expiring, Dropbox does not prevent you from accessing files. Your account would be downgraded to Basic and you may go over your storage quota as a result, but all of your files remain accessible. You just wouldn't be able to upload or change the content in your account until you're back below your quota.

How long are files stored? May I regain them by reactivating the subscription

The only time Dropbox would remove your files (and account) would be if you didn't access the account for more than a year. Otherwiser Dropbox doesn't remove your files (or your access to them).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Oyvind55 wrote:

Hi, the credit card I used expired in March, and I forgot to renew with Dropbox. So lots of dear old files are inaccessible.

When an account is downgraded due to the subscription expiring, Dropbox does not prevent you from accessing files. Your account would be downgraded to Basic and you may go over your storage quota as a result, but all of your files remain accessible. You just wouldn't be able to upload or change the content in your account until you're back below your quota.

How long are files stored? May I regain them by reactivating the subscription

The only time Dropbox would remove your files (and account) would be if you didn't access the account for more than a year. Otherwiser Dropbox doesn't remove your files (or your access to them).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?