cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Console control over individual user notifications

Admin Console control over individual user notifications

madtasty69
New member | Level 2

Hello.   I have seen many posts about this, but Dropbox has not addressed the issue of security and privacy policies when allowing all individual users to see notifications of all Dropbox activity from all employees including senior executives.   

If I was drafting a notice of termination for an employee and save it in a Dropbox folder that other users cannot access, they should not be able to see that this document exists.   This seems like a huge privacy and security hole.

The suggestion that we can turn this off at each user computer is an unworkable solution, as the user can just turn it back on the next day.

What is Dropbox doing to implement and relatively easy fix that patches this gaping hole in security and privacy.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @madtasty69, thanks for messaging the Community.

In general, if a folder is restricted, anyone without access to that folder wouldn't receive a notification about changes in that folder. 

If this is the case, please could you let us know more details about this. Is the notification visible to everyone in the team?

This will help me to assist further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?