cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two accounts same email

Two accounts same email

Lisa281
New member | Level 2
Hi,

I am paying a monthly subscription on my Dropbox account linked to my Gmail. However, I am unable to login to the account even after several attempts to reset password. I have now somehow managed to create a new Dropbox account with the same e-mail address, but with none of my stored files and with only a basic profile. Can anybody help? This is the only support I have access to.

Thanks, Lisa
3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

It isnt possible to have 2 with the same email as each email needs to be unique to Dropbox. HOWEVER Gmail has a quirk of allowing variations of emails (ie. punctuation before the @ sign or using googlemail.com and gmail.com interchangeably). Each of these here are different emails BUT would be one to Gmail. 

Have you ran a search of your emails to look for Dropbox emails to work out what account is used?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lisa281
New member | Level 2
Thanks a lot for sharing the information. How do I check? The payment receipt that I currently receive for my monthly subscription is for an account completely simular to my current login without any files, which I would not believe to be possible either.
The account in the payment receipt is the login information or could it be a different e-mail?
Thanks again

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Lisa281, did you upgrade originally via the site or the mobile app?

Have you tried using the card lookup tool to locate that account on our system?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Lisa281 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?