cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’re having some trouble with our services currently. We’re working to fix the problem as quickly as we can. We’ll share another update shortly. For the latest information visit here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have all files become offline automatically on my Android Dropbox app?

Can I have all files become offline automatically on my Android Dropbox app?

Skliniasa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi everyone,
Is there an option to have by default all your files available offline on an android device? With storage space reaching 1TB it would great to have everything available always.

If the option is not available and I have to mark each folder available offline, any new files added on that folder will they become available offline or I will have to do it for each one individually?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maher1982
Super User
Go to solution

Hello, based on my information, you will need to enable the 'Available Offline' option for each folder or file individually if you want them to be accessible offline.

Additionally, if you have made a folder available offline, any new files added to that folder will automatically be synced and downloaded to your device, making them available offline as well.

However, it's important to remember that while you're offline, changes made to your files and folders on your offline device won't sync with Dropbox.

Any new files you add while offline will eventually sync when you're back online.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

maher1982
Super User
Go to solution

Hello, based on my information, you will need to enable the 'Available Offline' option for each folder or file individually if you want them to be accessible offline.

Additionally, if you have made a folder available offline, any new files added to that folder will automatically be synced and downloaded to your device, making them available offline as well.

However, it's important to remember that while you're offline, changes made to your files and folders on your offline device won't sync with Dropbox.

Any new files you add while offline will eventually sync when you're back online.

Skliniasa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thank you, that was what I thought I just wanted to confirm it

maher1982
Super User
Go to solution

You're welcome. However, I'm not entirely certain about that information. I suggest confirming it with another Dropbox user or testing it yourself to verify

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

maher1982 Super User
    Skliniasa New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?