cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to re-download all my files after separating from teams?

Do I have to re-download all my files after separating from teams?

Jeremy92
New member | Level 2

I unintentionally merged my account with a Teams acount after just trying to join a shared folder but now I'm separate again.  Now DB wants to re-download all of my files (2.5TB).  My files have not changed at all so ** is there anyway to avoid re-downloading all my files? **  My issue is that I don't have this much room on my hard drive to download files 2x and my internet provider is going to charge me for extra bandwidth AND I have to do this on 3 computers.

any help is greatly appreciated

*** UPDATE - luckily since 2 of my computers were not on during the merge / unmerge incident, I don't have to redownload on those.  They re-synced just fine.   But I'd still like help with my main computer if at all possible not to re-download everything.

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

It shouldnt do it no, even if it SAYS its doing that all its doing is moving things around locally on the computer. Just turn it on and give it time - it'll sort itself 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?