cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get file thumbnail/temporary link with max width and height specified

Get file thumbnail/temporary link with max width and height specified

Huezzer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi!

I'm looking for a way to get a temporary link to a file from my dropbox but the file should only have a certain size. Eg. the original size is 1200x900 or similar, but when I get the thumbnail/link of the image I would like something like 420x300 (just random size). I don't want to use the api to get thumbnails since I have to send alot of data between my backend and frontend. I would like the client to get the image via the browser, just as with temporary links but with a restricted max size for them.

Is this possible or is there any other smart way to prevent a lot of data going from my backend to frontend and place the responsibility to the client to get the files?

Optimal would be a temporary link like this.... https://dropbox.........fhuafhauiwhfa/file?size=200x200

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Huezzer wrote:

I'm looking for a way to get a temporary link to a file from my dropbox but the file should only have a certain size. ... I don't want to use the api to get thumbnails ...

Dropbox has no such feature unless you use the API.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Huezzer wrote:

I'm looking for a way to get a temporary link to a file from my dropbox but the file should only have a certain size. ... I don't want to use the api to get thumbnails ...

Dropbox has no such feature unless you use the API.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?