cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access photos through app or download

Unable to access photos through app or download

DaleHDC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the Dropbox app installed (Windows 10) and am getting the message that my Dropbox is full. I have no files in the local Dropbox folder.

When I sign into Dropbox on the web, the only place I see items is under "Photos." These photos are NOT in my local Dropbox folder.

When I attempt to download a photo, I get the error message "There was an error downloading your file."

I saw the suggestion to create a share link and use that to download the pictures. When I attempt to do this, I click "Share Link" and then "Copy link." I get an error message "Something went wrong..." at the bottom of the screen.

This happens:
- On two different computers.
- In and out of Incognito mode.
- In both Google Chrome and Firefox (no error messages in Firefox, but nothing happens).

I cannot copy the file. The only action I can take is to delete the file. The file is deleted, but does not appear in my Deleted files.

In the Dropbox app on both computers, the Activity tab shows the pictures I view on the web so there is some connection. But the photos are not downloaded to my computer.

Please advise how I can get these photos out of Dropbox to free up space.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DaleHDC wrote:

I have the Dropbox app installed (Windows 10) and am getting the message that my Dropbox is full. I have no files in the local Dropbox folder.

Anything on your Backups page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DaleHDC wrote:

Anything on your Backups page.

DaleHDC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Rich!

Yes, there was a backup on the Backups page. It is from an external hard drive and had updated recently. I deleted that backup.

The desktop app does not show any backup so I had not checked that page on Dropbox.com. I do not know if Dropbox is going to attempt to backup that drive again. I'm watching it.

Thanks,

Dale

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DaleHDC Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?