cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost all my files, history billing and account

Lost all my files, history billing and account

pmidtvedt
New member | Level 2

For about a year now I was a part of a business account as a freelancer and I suddenly got downgraded to a basic plan. Now all my personal files that I have stored on my Dropbox since 2013 is completely gone and it seems I have created a new account as I can't see any history. What has happened???? I'm terrified because I have stored a lot of valuable files for over 10 years....

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@pmidtvedt wrote:

For about a year now I was a part of a business account as a freelancer and I suddenly got downgraded to a basic plan.

It sounds like you were invited to and joined a Business team account. When doing so, you merged your account into their team, effectively making them the owner of your account. In order to leave the team and keep your account, the team admin needs to convert your account back to an individual account. If they just remove you from the team the account is deleted.

If that's what happened, the team admin needs to restore your account and then convert it to an individual account. Act quickly as they only have seven days to restore your account from the day it was deleted.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome to the Community, @pmidtvedt

If you’ve created a new Dropbox account on top of your previous one (under the same email address), I’m afraid there’s not much to be done, in this case.

What I’d suggest is to contact your previous team admin, and ask them if there’s any chance they transferred your files to them/another team member, before deleting your Dropbox account. 

If yes, then they can share them with your new account again.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?