cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After connecting my hotmail to my gmail account, old dropbox photo's from hotmail nowhere to be foun

After connecting my hotmail to my gmail account, old dropbox photo's from hotmail nowhere to be foun

TheChair
New member | Level 2

Hello everyone,

Since I had to use gmail to connect to dropbox (basic) because my hotmail-account was not valid anymore, I used the hotmail account for the gmail-profile. However, all my photo's that where on the hotmail-account, were not present in the gmail-profile. 

It has been a while (years), but I'm regretting it that I gave up trying to solve this issue, hence, I'm asking it now.

Kind regards and all the best.

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

Hi @TheChair 

It isnt possible to have a hotmail and a Gmail link like that I'm afraid. So that means you actually have 2 accounts - one which is Hotmail and one which is Gmail. When you have swapped from one to the other you've set up a second account which wont have the data of the previous one in. 

In terms of 'now what' there are a few possible scenarios:

1. Log on to the other other account if you know the email and password. If you do not know it you can get a reset at www.dropbox.com/forgot BUT you'll need to have access to the email
  2. If you have not logged in in over 12 months your account/s will have now been deleted for inactivity and so its not possible to recover any data 
  3. If the photos WERE on the account you logged in on you should see them at www.dropbox.com/home and what happened to them at www.dropbox.com/events BUT if they were removed over 30 days ago (assuming here you are a free user) its not possible to recover them now. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?