cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error about needing to join a team when trying to access my Dropbox

Error about needing to join a team when trying to access my Dropbox

faith101
New member | Level 2

As of 2 days ago I used the link in my favorites to access dropbox. When I attempted to use this line I have used since the inception of this feature. I received  notice message below. 

kathleen.xxxxxx@emailprovider.com* needs to be verified to join this team.
Head over to your inbox and check for a verification email from Dropbox to continue.

Check your spam folder if you can’t find the email.

The problem is this is an incorrect email address. I use dropbox frequently. I send and receieve financial infomatio and also create folders for my customers to input information. I need this corrected.

My correct email is kathleen.xxxxxx-yyyyyy@emailprovider.com (*Edited by moderator to remove personally identifiable information per Dropbox Community Guidelines)

Thank you in a

1 Reply 1

Calvin2DBX
Dropbox Staff

Hi @faith101,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Looks like there could be 2 accounts in play.

Check which email is shown in the Dropbox app preferences on your computer.

If you see it's different to the one where you have your files, you can sign out and use the correct email, instead.

As for the message about a team, check in the spam/junk mail of the email it says it needs verified in case of anything from "no-reply@dropbox.com" about a team inviting you.

If they invited the wrong email, they can cancel it and re-send it to the correct one.

Let me know what you find!

Calvin
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Calvin2DBX Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?