cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I block users, from trying to join our team?

How can I block users, from trying to join our team?

jre1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

We have a bit of a security risk with dropbox. 

Somehow dropbox is prompting external third parties to request to join our team.

This is very simply not OK. 

We have over 100+ requests to join our team. If they join, we have some folders with all team access that are highly confidential. It will take an admin just a mistake ONE time for this to occur. Such bad UX

Does anyone know how to turn this off? I've been trying for a while, but it's totally ridiculous. Dropbox is definitely doing something to prompt users, because there is NO reason for them to request access otherwise. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jackson
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello there @jre1, I'd be happy to assist!

You can block those invitation requests, from the Membership settings, on the Admin Console.

Feel free to disable all the options in that page, and it should put an end to those requests.

I hope that helps!

Jackson
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jackson
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello there @jre1, I'd be happy to assist!

You can block those invitation requests, from the Membership settings, on the Admin Console.

Feel free to disable all the options in that page, and it should put an end to those requests.

I hope that helps!

Jackson
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jre1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Great, this is better than help response I got which was focused on sharing - which we already do. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jre1 Explorer | Level 3
    Jackson Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?