cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To link your computer I enter a security code received on my phone - the button just spins

To link your computer I enter a security code received on my phone - the button just spins

nasroht
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Decided to install the dropbox application on my M2 MacBook. Company account was added, 2FA and SMS it worked. 

However when I try to add my personal account, I choose google as login, then I receive an sms and enter the code. The window just sits there when I send the code. I can log on to dropbox website, so it should be working with regards to the code and google SSO. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nasroht
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As a workaround I removed 2FA on the website, changed my email from google to my personal apple address. Logged in using AppleID and enabled 2FA again (and made a note of the new backup codes, always wise).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nasroht
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As a workaround I removed 2FA on the website, changed my email from google to my personal apple address. Logged in using AppleID and enabled 2FA again (and made a note of the new backup codes, always wise).

JackM9
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have never received a security code on my phone!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @JackM9, could you elaborate a tad on the issue you're facing so that we can assist further? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    JackM9 New member | Level 2
    nasroht New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?