cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox password app links 3 devices to my account, i only registered one

dropbox password app links 3 devices to my account, i only registered one

Maanouschka
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
first i got a e-mail that someone with a android device logged in to my dropbox account. then i downloaded the dropbox password app. when i looked at the app again one hour later i saw there are 3 divices linked 2 my account. i only used one... i do hsve other divices in the house but i dont think they linked themselves...! they dont syngronise, so absolutly impossible. while i look into the bigger problam, does anyone now how to unlink these devises and secure my dropbox even more ? thanks !
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Maanouschka wrote:
first i got a e-mail that someone with a android device logged in to my dropbox account. then i downloaded the dropbox password app. when i looked at the app again one hour later i saw there are 3 divices linked 2 my account. i only used one...

You need to look at the information on your Security page and sign out any devices or active web sessions that you don't recognize, and IMMEDIATELY change the password on your account. I'd also recommend that you enable two-step verification for added security.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Maanouschka wrote:
first i got a e-mail that someone with a android device logged in to my dropbox account. then i downloaded the dropbox password app. when i looked at the app again one hour later i saw there are 3 divices linked 2 my account. i only used one...

You need to look at the information on your Security page and sign out any devices or active web sessions that you don't recognize, and IMMEDIATELY change the password on your account. I'd also recommend that you enable two-step verification for added security.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?