cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

member and file level activity logs and audit?

member and file level activity logs and audit?

Alexis G.1
Super User

A client have Dropbox Business Standard with 3 licenses. One license it's used by admin, the 2nd license it's used by group01 (3 members) and the final license it's used by group 02 (3 members).

We need to have a way to audit or generate reports for folder/file/members events. For example: new file created, rename, downloaded, shared, edited, deleted, restored, etc.

If we select a file, we can see the history and some of this info appears, but I don't find where I can just generate a report about a folder or team member. For example I want to know how many files deleted by member "X"...

In activity I don't see something like that.

I know there is an Advanced Business subscription including "audit logs with file event tracking". Any idea if this is what we need?

Anyone knows if we can see all activity from a member with Dropbox Standard? or we need Dropbox Advanced?

In admin console - activity, I don't see any file events at all, already try all filters, only login, logout, security events, etc.

Any suggestion?

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Alexis G.1, thanks for raking the time to post here today.

Activity on file operations such as adding/editing/deleting/downloading files etc. is indeed only accessible to Dropbox Business Advanced/Enterprise plans.

In your case, perhaps the events page might provide some further info.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?