cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting emails warning me my files will stop syncing due to full storage but I have a TB remaining

Getting emails warning me my files will stop syncing due to full storage but I have a TB remaining

Joweir A.
Explorer | Level 4

I'm getting these emails saying my storage limit has been exceeded but my account is only 50% full.

I emailed Dropbox Support but they referred me here (even though I have a Plus account).

Is anyone able to advise why I'm getting these emails and how to stop them?

Sent: Friday, 29 September 2023 12:03 AM

Subject: An important update for you, Jo: your account has exceeded the storage limit

Take action to keep your files syncing across devices ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 

Hi Jo,

Your files have stopped syncing because your Dropbox is full. Make sure you always have the latest version of your files across all linked devices by upgrading.

Want to stop getting tips from Dropbox? Unsubscribe

Dropbox, Inc., PO Box 77767, San Francisco, CA 94107

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Joweir A.! Hope you’re doing great. 

It sounds like the email you received is about a different Dropbox account. Can you please check the email address it was sent to, and let me know if it’s the same as the one you see here?

Besides that, I’d like you to send the ticket number from your convo with our support team to check it, as well.

Let me know what you find.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jotga
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Nancy, mystery solved. People were sharing files with my old account. Is there a way to easily  move folders and files from one account (free) to another (Plus) and then change my email address on the Plus one?

Or do I need to download to my PC then re-upload?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Jotga!

What you could do is share the files with the paid account and then you can simply remove your access to the files from the free one and continue sharing through the paid one.

I hope that makes sense, but let me know if you need clarifications!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Jotga
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you. The free account has my preferred email address associated with it. If I share files with my Plus account, then delete the free one, will my Plus account retain those files?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Not a problem!

If you share the files with your Plus account and remove access to the files from the free account, the files will still remain in the Plus account, correct.

And if the free account gets deleted, the email will also be freed up, so you can use it for your Plus account, if that's what you want. 🙂

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Jotga Explorer | Level 4
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?