cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consequences of incompatible OS

Consequences of incompatible OS

David--
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox is no longer compatible with OSX 10.11.6. I understand that must mean my local Dropbox folder won't synch with the folder on the web or on my other machines. But does it still work locally? That is, will any files I put in the local Dropbox folder stay there even though it no longer communicates with the folders on the web or on my other machines?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@David-- wrote:

... will any files I put in the local Dropbox folder stay there even though it no longer communicates with the folders on the web or on my other machines?

The Dropbox folder is just a regular folder like any other. It's just the Dropbox app that controls the syncing, which will stop working. The folder will still be there.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@David-- wrote:

... will any files I put in the local Dropbox folder stay there even though it no longer communicates with the folders on the web or on my other machines?

The Dropbox folder is just a regular folder like any other. It's just the Dropbox app that controls the syncing, which will stop working. The folder will still be there.

David--
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Wow! I was very doubtful posting here would be helpful...but it was, and so fast. Thank you so much, Rich.

David

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

David-- New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?