cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not opening - icon blinks but nothing happens

Files not opening - icon blinks but nothing happens

CTelle01
New member | Level 2

I am currently using OS Sonoma 14.2.1 on my Mac Mini and facing difficulties when trying to open older files in formats such as PDF, JPEG, and Word. Interestingly, I can open these files on my phone, indicating that the files themselves are not corrupt.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

If they are online it may be worth right clicking and selecting the view offline option first as you need to download them before you can open locally. This usually happens when you try and open the file or double click BUT if they are large it may fail.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Do you have the appropriate software on the MacMini to open the files? 

And are they being stored locally or online only before opening?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

CTelle01
New member | Level 2

I possess the appropriate software and can successfully open recently saved folders. However, I encounter issues when attempting to open older folders. Clicking on them causes the icon to blink without any subsequent action or error message. These older folders are stored online, and it's noteworthy that I can access them through the Dropbox website.

Mark
Super User II

If they are online it may be worth right clicking and selecting the view offline option first as you need to download them before you can open locally. This usually happens when you try and open the file or double click BUT if they are large it may fail.

CTelle01
New member | Level 2

Thanks, I will give it a try. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CTelle01 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?