cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove ALL remnants of Dropbox to install a different account

remove ALL remnants of Dropbox to install a different account

deejay4704
Explorer | Level 3

I have uninstalled the Dropbox app and removed all folders called "Dropbox".  I want to install Dropbox for a completely different and separate Dropbox account, but every time I reinstall Dropbox it's trying to go back to and set up my old account.  I have done this 3 times.  I hope I don't have to go into RegEdit.

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@deejay4704 wrote:

... every time I reinstall Dropbox it's trying to go back to and set up my old account.

Normally you would just need to sign out of the application before you uninstall/reinstall it. If you've already uninstalled it, open the C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local folder and delete the Dropbox folder.

deejay4704
Explorer | Level 3
I did "Quit" Dropbox. I don't see Log out. Deleted Dropbox folders under both Local and Roaming. Don't know why Uninstall didn't do that. Cycling back to try the who'll thong again.

Thanks.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

deejay4704 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?