cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload has been stuck saying "1 sec left" for hours

Highlighted

Upload has been stuck saying "1 sec left" for hours

Helpful | Level 5

I uploaded a folder containing 3 files (just over 2 gb total). The first 2 files uploaded fine but the third has been stuck right at the end. It has said "1 sec left" for about two hours now. I really don't want to have to reupload, my client is expecting these within the hour. Does anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it? Here is a screenshot:Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 2.06.47 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Upload has been stuck saying "1 sec left" for hours

Super User

Hello

Sorry about you having issues.  Sometimes, files get stuck, maybe it's a permission issue but anyway, try to check out this Help Center Article https://www.dropbox.com/help/syncing-uploads/stuck-syncing

Also, take a look at the Subheading Entitled Permission Errors

I hope this helps

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

58 Replies 58
Highlighted

New Super User

Hey @StudioB,

Have you checked to see if the file actually finished? Go to your files on the web client and see if it is there. If not, you may have to upload it again. Do you have enough room in your DB right?

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I've looked and it hasn't finished. I have plenty of space too. Guess I'll just have to reupload and deal with an angry client. Its discouraging that I'm paying for the service and am still getting problems like this. Thanks for your help, though!

Highlighted

Super User

Hello

Sorry about you having issues.  Sometimes, files get stuck, maybe it's a permission issue but anyway, try to check out this Help Center Article https://www.dropbox.com/help/syncing-uploads/stuck-syncing

Also, take a look at the Subheading Entitled Permission Errors

I hope this helps

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Dropbox is famous for this issue.  Completely unaccpetable to spend hours uploading footage for it to fail....over and over.  An unreliable and unprofessional service and they do nothing to care about their customers.  I would suggest cancelling and going someplace else that values your business and that we are servicing clients.  They should care as much about us and we do about our clients.  Shame on you dropbox for taking our money and providing shoddy service. 

Highlighted

Super User

Hello davisde

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

Do you have this issue too?  I am thinking that you do since you have found this 2-year-old thread.  We are here to help.  Let me know how we can help you

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
I found a solution. It’s called Vimeo.
Highlighted

Super User

Well, Vimeo is a different solution.  Not what we look for in syncing files, etc.  Vimeo is a good video handler though.

Thanks for sharing

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Chris_J good morning. I have the same Issue with "1sec left" message and 368 files syncing.

I tried all the proposed solutions in the Help Center Article   https://www.dropbox.com/help/syncing-uploads/stuck-syncing but I still have the same problem. 

Do you have any other idea? 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
Yes. Switch to Vimeo. Much better company.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?