cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox asks me to change my password, but I have no access to the email address of the account.

Dropbox asks me to change my password, but I have no access to the email address of the account.

Oliroe
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I don't have access to my dropbox account anymore. Dropbox forces me to change my password due to a so-called password leak. For this, I need an old email address I don't have access to. It neither let me log in to my account on my desktop. So basically I'm stuck, and dropbox doesn't offer any help or answer to my question. Somebody knows what to do to regain access (although I do know my password and didn't change it!)?

Thanks, Olivier.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Oliroe wrote:

Dropbox forces me to change my password due to a so-called password leak. For this, I need an old email address I don't have access to.

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account you may not be able to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?