cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox logging attempts

Dropbox logging attempts

SomeGuy1
New member | Level 2

Today I've received 3 mails with a security code for signing-in which wasn't a result of me trying to sign in to Dropbox, I gather that someone has my Dropbox password which was since changed, and used it to try and login.

I would note that my password is a >12 characters random sequence stored in a password manager app and is unique to my Dropbox.

Has it happened to anyone else recently? Any chance of getting more info about this incident? (IP Addresses the attempts were made from, user-agent, anything else...)

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@SomeGuy1 wrote:

Any chance of getting more info about this incident? (IP Addresses the attempts were made from, user-agent, anything else...)

That information is not available. The only information available would be for successful login attempts. You can review the active web sessions and linked devices, as well as change your password, on your Security page.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?