cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my account deactivated

Is my account deactivated

nikolagpetrovv
Explorer | Level 3

I had a Dropbox account which I dont have access to anymore due to forgotten password for my email. I just want to make sure its deleted or deactivated. So, my question is - I tried to login but it asked for a security code (trusted device). Does that mean that the account is still active or it means that if I fill in the security code it still can give me an error saying the account is already deleted/deactivated. To summarize my question - is the security code sending to my email (which i dont have access to) means that the account is active or if supposidly i enter the code it can still say that the account is deleted? And one more question - when an account is deleted/deactivated if I try to login after a long period of time, does it make me register again with the same email?

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

Hi @nikolagpetrovv 

How long ago did you last log in? 

If it was over 12 months the data has been removed although the account still shows as active - as you can see. If you did then log in it would be empty with nothing in it (no shares/files/events etc.)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?