cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential indexing issue dropbox

Potential indexing issue dropbox

cmcar827
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am currently unable to manipulate images downloaded from my dropbox without there being an error, either reading as "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0" or "cannot invoke "java.awt.image.BufferedImage.getWidth()" because "imgInput" is null" once I place the manipulated images into our image software (qupath). I am the only person who is unable to manipulate the images, other members of my team have been able to without issue but I cannot rely on them to process the images for me. I have tried uninstalling the dropbox app on my Mac, but I have also not been able to manipulate images downloaded from dropbox online; I get the same errors. So I am unsure what is wrong with my account. Any thoughts?

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @cmcar827 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, could you send us a screenshot of the exact error you're getting?

Also, are the files you're working on online only or available offline on your computer?

Any additional information is more than welcome! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

cmcar827
New member | Level 2

Hi Walter,

Here's a picture of one of the errors, I am currently unable to replicate the other one.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 12.54.05 PM.png

I make the images available online using the dropbox app otherwise they will not open in ImageJ or QuPath, and I download them from dropbox online so they're available on my mac. Neither seem to work.

This process was working perfectly fine for me as of last week; it seems to be a new development.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I see, thanks for the screenshot and the additional information @cmcar827 

Since the error comes from the 3rd party app you're using and not Dropbox, have you tried reaching out to them directly for assistance? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

cmcar827
New member | Level 2

I have reached out to them, but my worry is that it has something to do with dropbox because I am the only person who cannot process the images. Other people with access to the files in dropbox are able to modify them and open them properly, but if I try to access them through my dropbox account they don't work.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Are you able to (pre)view the files normally when you navigate your Dropbox account and when you download them from the web as well @cmcar827

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    cmcar827 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?