cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox won't connect/Computer not linked to an account.

Dropbox won't connect/Computer not linked to an account.

AndyLondon
New member | Level 2

Hi Everyone. Please help. I have had Dropbox for years. All of a sudden my home computer won't Syn with the others. I have tried: a) Re-installing the DropBox App, Turning off the firewall, turning off virus protection, etc.  In the dropbox preference, it says 'this computer is not linked to an account'. When I try to re-install Dropbox it says my machine is not connected to the Internet (which of course it is). I have logged in, logged out, and rebooted the machine - I have tried everything. I am logged in online of course.  I have also deleted the cash in the dropbox folder on my machine. I'm lost. 

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @AndyLondon, sorry to hear about this.

Could you clarify the OS version of your device and also send us a screenshot of the app's status as shown in your menu bar/system tray?

Do you get any specific error when trying to sign into your account via the app's preferences

Any additional information is more than welcome, Andy. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?