cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I restore an account that has been deleted?

Can I restore an account that has been deleted?

Joseph sanchez
New member | Level 2

I believe my daughter had deleted my drop box account which had plenty of photos from when I was younger. I made a account again with the same email and all of my photos and videos are gone. Please is there any way I can get them back. I don’t believe I had them saved in a cloud of anything atleast I don’t think so. I really need these photos and videos back. They are a treasure to me.

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Joseph sanchez, and thanks for posting here.

I’m afraid that, if the Dropbox account in question has been deleted, it’s not possible to restore it, or any files that were previously saved on it. 

The only thing you can perhaps double check, if you previously had the desktop app installed on your device, is whether there’s still your old Dropbox folder with your files within, so that you can transfer them to another location.

Hope this helps a bit.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?