cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Phishing Email Requiring Login to a Gmail, Apple or Dropbox Account.

RE: Phishing Email Requiring Login to a Gmail, Apple or Dropbox Account.

zeldarnet
New member | Level 2

I have had several phishing emails from different email addressees that appear to be resolving to the Dropbox.com domain. I've dealt with hundreds of other Dropbox phishing emails but they typically resolve to a local temp folder or a another domain. I'm concerned that one of my users is going to  be fooled by this type of link and have their account compromised. There also does not appear to be a way to cancel the login to access the file.Capture.PNG 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

zeldarnet
New member | Level 2

I used a test Gmail account and determined the link/account had been deleted. It would be helpful if the link in the email just failed instead of needing to login to Dropbox and create an account to find out it's been deleted. I guess adding an unneeded account for Dropbox much be beneficial in some way for them. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @zeldarnet, thanks for flagging this with us.

In such cases, you can always forward any fake Dropbox URLs directly to abuse@dropbox.com. 

You can also familiarize yourself and your team with the Dropbox official domains on this page

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have anything else to add. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

zeldarnet
New member | Level 2

I used a test Gmail account and determined the link/account had been deleted. It would be helpful if the link in the email just failed instead of needing to login to Dropbox and create an account to find out it's been deleted. I guess adding an unneeded account for Dropbox much be beneficial in some way for them. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

zeldarnet New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?