cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Dropbox storage is reaching maximum capacity.

Your Dropbox storage is reaching maximum capacity.

petermooreworld
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I get an email from Dropbox  this AM stating this, causing a touch of panic and incredulity, and wasting my time to investigate.   

I've been a solid customer for five years, paying for 2TB of space.  I'm at 330 GB.  Barely 1/8th is used.

Why is DropBox hassling me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

petermooreworld
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks, Hannah.  Sure enough, over the years other users had uploaded files for me to the wrong email address, therefore wrong dropbox account.  Unwittingly, I'd download or move them to my preferred user folder, not ever noticing that other account existed.  Possibly I'd created it years ago, before this preferred one, and forgotten about it.   Regardless, I got a chat=helper to walk me through deleting that account.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @petermooreworld, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

Can you double-check to make sure that this email went to the address associated with your paid account?

Is it possible that it went to a different address, thus regarding a different account?

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

petermooreworld
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks, Hannah.  Sure enough, over the years other users had uploaded files for me to the wrong email address, therefore wrong dropbox account.  Unwittingly, I'd download or move them to my preferred user folder, not ever noticing that other account existed.  Possibly I'd created it years ago, before this preferred one, and forgotten about it.   Regardless, I got a chat=helper to walk me through deleting that account.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

petermooreworld Helpful | Level 6
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?