cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos being duplicated in Camera Uploads

Photos being duplicated in Camera Uploads

Norbert_68
New member | Level 2
Hi all

I’ve looked on here for an answer to this but can’t see the exact same issue, so here goes.

Within my Dropbox I have four top level folders : Camera Uploads, Documents, Pictures and Music.

After backing up photos from my iPhone 13 to Camera Uploads I then copy the photos to separate folders within my Pictures folder.

When I do that, Dropbox then creates another copy within Camera Uploads so I end up with two and sometimes more of every photo in Camera Uploads.

I thought that Dropbox only scanned the phone’s camera roll so I’m not sure why it’s copying every photo again into Camera Uploads?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.
3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Norbert_68, sorry to hear about this.

If you were referring to the Photos tab, it's normal to see duplicate files there, since this is the place where all of your photos are normally shown, including any copies you might have saved in different locations.

Out of curiosity, can you please send us a screenshot of a sample duplicate file and how it looks in your Camera uploads folder?

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

FranceA
New member | Level 2
I just experienced the same issue and it’s very time consuming to remove 7 duplicated photos when you only copy 1 photo to a new folder.

I created a folder to share specific photos with family but it copies 8 of every photo I copied to the new folder. Then the software is dragging when trying to delete.

Very cumbersome. Is there a fix for this?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @FranceA, sorry to hear about this.

Can you please let us know the steps you take to do this and let us know if you're doing it via the website, the mobile app or the desktop app?

Any additional information or screenshots are more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    FranceA New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?